I put the challenge out there and YOU have answered! From Coast-to-Coast, street art has been flowing-in as folks all over are taking on the Street-Art-Challenge I put out last month. It’s been such a joy watching all the clips, photos, and videos of your artwork come in over the last month from YOUR STREET to MY STREET, offering such meaningful connection during this strange time. BIG Thank you to all who participated…here’s a compilation of a bit of what I received:
In more news…
Here is a video showing how I begin the process of a painting with mineral paints and gold leaf.
- I mix natural minerals from the earth with walnut oil along with softened natural beeswax.
- It is applied by using different tools: paintbrush, eco-friendly thinner, palette knife, or rib.
- In this painting, handmade and recycled papers are applied with a hand mixed plant based glue and left to dry thoroughly.
- The charcoal pencil is used to create a basic sketch of images on the surface.
- From here the background and foreground areas are worked with paints to create varying thicknesses of richness in color.
Finished Work is up at this online gallery:
Home Project, Osborn Woods Gallery, Nevada City, Ca.
Home is Within: Home are the Stories from Within;
who I think and believe I am.